Podcasts: Sunday Journal
Sunday Journal is Cape Cod Broadcasting’s award-winning news and public affairs program. Since 1979, Sunday Journal has provided a forum for issues that are important to Cape Codders.
You may listen to the Sunday Journal live on any Sunday during the follow times:
Most recent Sunday Journal segments may be heard anytime online at http://www.capecod.com
So…what’s a podcast?
A podcast is a series of audio or video digital-media files which is distributed over the Internet by syndicated download, through RSS web feeds, to portable media players and personal computers.
Sunday Journal Podcast Archive
Note: Due to the length of each segment the file sizes are large
and may take a few minutes or more to download.
- Vivapalooza – Sunday Journal 5/25/2014
- The Fifth Annual Vivapalooza, a free healthy living fair, comes to Barnstable High School on June 1. Dr. Cormac Coyle of Emerald Physicians, talks about the highlights.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10729-052514vivapalooza.mp3″ title=”Vivapalooza”]
- Twenty Summers – Sunday Journal 5/25/2014
- Josh Prager, founder of the new nonprofit arts center Twenty Summers, describes the workshops, concerts and lectures this month at the historic Hawthorne Barn in Provincetown.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10730-052514twentysummers.mp3″ title=”TwentySummers”]
- Stroke Awareness – Sunday Journal 5/25/2014
- May is Stroke Awareness Month. Dr. Michael Marcowsky, a neurologist with Cape Cod Hospital, is in the studio to talk about the importance of early treatment for this disease.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10731-052514strokeawareness.mp3″ title=”MayStrokeAwareness”]
- Falmouth Choral Performance – Sunday Journal 5/18/2014
- Falmouth High School has won a number of awards for its choral program. Choral Director Todd Fruth tells us about the program and the upcoming A Cappella Fest in Falmouth.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10725-051814falmchoral.mp3″ title=”FalmouthChoral”]
- In My Footsteps Guide – Sunday Journal 5/18/2014
- Chris Setterlund of Yarmouth has written a different kind of guidebook about Cape Cod. “In My Footsteps” features historic sites from Bourne to Provincetown.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10727-051814footsteps.mp3″ title=”InMyFootsteps”]
- Yarmouth Crime Watch – Sunday Journal 5/18/2014
- Lee Hawkins talks about the Yarmouth Neighborhood Crime Watch program. The program is looking for Block Captains so that more neighborhoods can participate in the program.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10728-051814yarmcrimewatch.mp3″ title=”YarmouthCrimeWatch”]
- Heritage Museums – Sunday Journal 5/11/2014
- Heritage Museums and Gardens staffers talk about the upcoming season of new exhibits at the Sandwich museum, including sculptures of giant bugs and poisonous plants.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10722-501114heritagemuseums.mp3″ title=”HeritageMuseums5″]
- Cooking with Fire – Sunday Journal 5/11/2014
- Paula Marcoux of Plymouth, author of the new cookbook, Cooking With Fire, explains the ins and outs of outdoor grilling, including cooking methods from other cultures.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10723-501114cookingwfire.mp3″ title=”Cooking5″]
- Cancer Survivor Day – Sunday Journal 5/11/2014
- Demaris Kooker of Mashpee, a cancer survivor, and Jeffrey Gaudette, Survivorship Program Manager at Cape Cod Healthcare, talk about Cancer Survivors Day on June 9 in Falmouth.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10724-501114cancersurvivorday.mp3″ title=”CancerSurvivor5″]
- Homeless Count – Sunday Journal 5/04/2014
- Stefanie Coxe, Paula Schnepp and Cathy Finn talk about results of the recent annual Point in Time count of homeless people on Cape Cod and the islands.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10683-050414homeless.mp3″ title=”HomelessCount”]
- Cape Cod Transit – Sunday Journal 5/04/2014
- Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority Executive Director Tom Cahir talks about local transportation issues including changes to the Cape Flyer train schedule.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10684-050414capetransit.mp3″ title=”CapeCodTransit”]
- Amazing Grace – Sunday Journal 5/04/2014
- Jennifer Hills and Ross Anderson are co-chairs of the Recruitment Committee for Amazing Grace and they discuss this new summer program for Cape Cod children whose parents have been incarcerated.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10685-050414amazinggrace.mp3″ title=”AmazingGrace”]
- Adopt a Greyhound – Sunday Journal 4/27/2014
- Anne Restino and Coleen Cronin, co-organizers of an adopt a greyhound fair, talk about greyhound adoption on the occasion of Adopt a Greyhound Month.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10673-042814greyhounds.mp3″ title=”AdoptaGreyhound”]
- Oral History – Sunday Journal 4/27/2014
- Len Gobiel talks about an oral history project he is doing as part of the Town of Barnstable’s 375th Anniversary.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10674-042814oralhistory.mp3″ title=”OralHistory”]
- Spring in Hyannis – Sunday Journal 4/27/2014
- Elizabeth Wurfbain of the Hyannis Main Street Business Improvement District and Amy Harwood of the Hyannis Youth and Community Center talk about the upcoming events, Nature Expo and Spring on Main.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10675-042814hyannisspring.mp3″ title=”SpringinHyannis”]
- Traffic Planning – Sunday Journal 04/20/2014
- The low down on upcoming road and bikeway improvements in Hyannis, Bourne, Wellfleet and Yarmouth from the Cape Cod Commission’s Glenn Cannon.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10659-042114trafficplan.mp3″ title=”TrafficPlanning”]
- Plimoth Plantation Cinema – Sunday Journal 04/20/2014
- Plimoth Plantation Deputy Executive Director Richard Pickering and Ed Russel, one of the founders of Plimoth Cinema, talk about a major fundraising effort to save the cinema.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10660-042114plimothplant.mp3″ title=”PlimothCinema”]
- Spring Break on Cape – Sunday Journal 04/20/2014
- Three students from Cornell University talk about their spring vacation on Cape Cod spent working with Housing Assistance Corporation to educate local students about finances.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10661-042114springbreak.mp3″ title=”SpringBreak”]
- Nauset High School Athletics – Sunday Journal 04/13/2014
- Keith Kenyon, Director of Athletics at Nauset High School, talks about the project to install a new turf field at the high school, including the creative fundraising for the project.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10653-041314nausethighturf.mp3″ title=”NausetHighTurf”]
- Arts Foundation of Cape Cod – Sunday Journal 04/13/2014
- Kevin Howard, President and CEO of the Arts Foundation of Cape Cod, is in to talk about innovative grants and other programs that the arts foundation is working on this year.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10654-041314artsfoundation.mp3″ title=”AFCCgrants”]
- Mercy Otis Warren Award – Sunday Journal 04/13/2014
- Judy Scarafile, chair of the Mercy Otis Warren Woman of the Year Award Committee, and committee member Ann Canedy talk about the nomination process for the award, as well as the history of the award.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10655-041314mercyotiswarren.mp3″ title=”MercyOtisWarrenAward”]
- Domestic Violence – Sunday Journal 04/06/2014
- Domestic Violence has been in the news lately and new legislation is being proposed on Beacon Hill to help survivors. Gabbe Rowland, a survivor of domestic violence, is advocating to help others by telling her story.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10643-040614domviolence.mp3″ title=”GabbeRowland”]
- Monarch Project of Cape Cod – Sunday Journal 04/06/2014
- The Monarch Project of Cape Cod is giving away milkweed plants as a way to help the species. Paul Rifkin of Cotuit and the Reverend Nell Fields of Waquoit Congregational Church talk about the project.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10644-040614butterflies.mp3″ title=”MonarchProject”]
- Autism Awareness Month – Sunday Journal 04/06/2014
- April is Autism Awareness Month and officials from the nonprofit CapeAbilities talk about what their organization does to bring awareness about autism.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10645-040614autism.mp3″ title=”AutismAwareness”]
- Luminaries of Early West Barnstable – Sunday Journal 3/30/2014
- Local Author Jim Ellis discusses his book Luminaries of Early West Barnstable, a look at the fascinating and unique history of the Village of West Barnstable.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10620-033014jimellis.mp3″ title=”Luminaries”]
- Iditarod – Sunday Journal 3/30/2014
- Tom Chartrand discusses his three week experience filming a documentary on Alaska’s Iditarod dog sled race.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10621-033014iditarodvideo.mp3″ title=”Iditarod”]
- 2014 Adult Skating Championships – Sunday Journal 3/30/2014
- Patti Lloyd from the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce and Donna Wunder of the Yarmouth Ice Club and Carolyn Pierce, a figure skating judge discuss the 2014 Adult Skating Championships to be held at the Hyannis Youth and Community Center April 8 – April 12th, 2014.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10622-033014skatinghycc.mp3″ title=”AdultSkating”]
- Mashpee Wampanoag Center – Sunday Journal 3/23/2014
- Mashpee Wampanoag Tribal Chief Cedric Cromwell discusses the tribe’s new Community and Government Center.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10617-032314wampanoag.mp3″ title=”WampanoagCenter”]
- All About Seven – Sunday Journal 3/23/2014
- Guest Curator Shawn Dahlstrom and artist Lauren Wolk talks about an exhibit currently going on at the Cape Cod Museum of Art featuring the work of 49 female artists from around the Cape.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10618-032314ccmusart.mp3″ title=”AllAboutSeven”]
- Coast Guard Station Woods – Sunday Journal 3/23/2014
- Lt. Bryan Swintek of Coast Guard Station Woods Hole discusses the latest activity going on at the Station.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10619-032314coastguard.mp3″ title=”CoastGuardStationWoods”]
- Heroin and Opiate Addictions – Sunday Journal 3/16/2014
- Rob Woodard talks with Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker and Therapist Jerome Friedman about heroin and opiate addictions.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10596-031614drugabuse.mp3″ title=”HeroinOpiateAddictions”]
- Paul Kemprecos – Sunday Journal 3/16/2014
- Cape Cod author Paul Kemprecos discusses the latest in his Aristotle “Soc” Socarides mystery novels, the newest, Grey Lady, is set on the Cape and Nantucket.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10597-031614paulkemprecos.mp3″ title=”PaulKemprecos”]
- Composing Kids Program – Sunday Journal 3/16/2014
- George Scharr, Meghan O’Connor and Chloe Johnson are in to discuss the Composing Kids Program, they are working on a project that will be included in the celebration of Sandwich’s 375th anniversary.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10598-031614ccconservatory.mp3″ title=”ComposingKids”]
- Regional Waste Reduction – Sunday Journal 3/09/2014
- Rob Woodard talks with Barnstable County Regional Waste Reduction Coordinator David Quinn about the pay as you throw program being considered in many cape towns.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10582-030914payasyouthrow.mp3″ title=”RegionalWasteReduction”]
- Elliott Carr – Sunday Journal 3/09/2014
- March marks the beginning of the spring herring run in the Commonwealth and Rob Woodard is joined by author Elliott Carr, they will discuss Carr’s book Herring Run: Life and Death at Stony Brook.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10583-030914herringrun.mp3″ title=”ElliottCarr”]
- Sound of Music – Sunday Journal 3/09/2014
- Several members of Barnstable High School’s Drama Club are in with Rob Woodard to discuss the high school’s upcoming production of the Sound of Music.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10584-030914soundofmusic.mp3″ title=”SoundofMusic”]
- Solarize Wellfleet – Sunday Journal 3/02/2014
- The effort to increase solar power on Cape is discussed by Dick Elkin, he oversees the Solarize Wellfleet program, he’s in studio with Rob Woodard to discuss the initiative making it possible for homeowners to get credit for installing solar panels.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10573-030214solarizewellfleet.mp3″ title=”SolarizeWellfleet”]
- Women’s Hockey East – Sunday Journal 3/02/2014
- Matt McCarthy discusses the return to Hyannis of the Women’s Hockey East Championship Tournament. With him is Joe Izzo of the Hyannis Youth and Community Center and Patty Lloyd of the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10574-030214hockeyeasttourn.mp3″ title=”WomensHockeyEast”]
- Sea Term – Sunday Journal 3/02/2014
- Rob Woodard is joined by Captain Thomas Bushy of the Mass Maritime Academy and two cadets from the academy, the three of them just returned from their 58 day Sea Term, they will be discussing their experiences.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10575-030214seaterm.mp3″ title=”SeaTerm”]
- Cape Cod Foundation – Sunday Journal 2/23/2014
- The CCF is celebrating its 25th anniversary, Executive Director Kristen O’Malley and Chair Eileen Miskill will discuss the anniversary and the foundation’s ongoing work.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10559-022314capecodfoundation.mp3″ title=”CapeCodFoundation”]
- Sheriff Jim Cummings – Sunday Journal 2/23/2014
- Barnstable County Sheriff Jim Cummings is in to discuss the correctional facility’s award winning drug rehab program.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10560-022314jimcummings.mp3″ title=”SheriffJimCummings”]
- Barnstable Cultural District – Sunday Journal 2/23/2014
- Melissa Hersh, Ann Canedy and Roberta Miller discuss the effort to create a cultural district in Barnstable Village.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10561-022314barnculturaldist.mp3″ title=”BarnstableCulturalDistrict”]
- STEM program – Sunday Journal 2/16/2014
- Ellen Spear, Director of the Heritage Museums and Gardens and the Director of Preschool Education talks about a new preschool STEM program at the Heritage Museums and Gardens.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10546-021614heritagestem.mp3″ title=”STEMHeritageMuseums”]
- Girl Scouts Anti Bullying – Sunday Journal 2/16/2014
- Girl Scouts from Mashpee are conducting an anti bullying campaign to earn a prestigious award.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10547-021614girlscouts.mp3″ title=”GirlScoutsAntiBullying”]
- Sandwich Postcards – Sunday Journal 2/16/2014
- Dan McCready explores post cards from sandwich, an exhibit at the Sandwich Glass Museum.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10548-021614sandwichpostcards.mp3″ title=”SandwichPostcards”]
- Private Land Trusts – Sunday Journal 2/09/2014
- Mark H. Robinson, Executive Director of The Compact of Cape Cod Conservation Trusts, Inc. discusses putting land aside for conservation and some of the benefits for property owners.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10535-020914landtrust.mp3″ title=”PrivateLandTrusts”]
- Airstation Cape Cod – Sunday Journal 2/09/2014
- Aviation Maintenance Technician First Class Phil Davis of the Coast Guard talks with Rob Woodard about what is involved in handling flight mechanics and logistics for a very busy Coast Guard Air Station.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10536-020914coastguard.mp3″ title=”AirstationCapeCod”]
- Joseph Bucklin Bishop – Sunday Journal 2/09/2014
- Mashpee writer Chip Bishop discusses his latest book “The Lion and the Journalist: The Unlikely Friendship of Theodore Roosevelt and Joseph Bucklin Bishop.”
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10537-020914bucklinbishop.mp3″ title=”JosephBucklinBishop”]
- Snowy Owls – Sunday Journal 2/2/2014
- Mark Faherty, science coordinator at the Massachusetts Audubon Society’s Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, discusses the appearances of Snowy Owls on Cape Cod.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10521-020214snowyowls.mp3″ title=”SnowyOwls”]
- CCRTA Area Improvements – Sunday Journal 2/2/2014
- Tom Cahir will discuss the consideration being given to tying development in downtown Hyannis with an eye toward improvement in transportation and better curb appeal in the area.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10522-020214tomcahir.mp3″ title=”CCTRAimprove”]
- Cape Cod SWAT – Sunday Journal 2/2/2014
- Barnstable police officers Michael Damry and Jonathan Pass were among the thousands who combed the streets of Watertown on April 19th for the suspected Marathon bomber. We’ll hear their stories firsthand.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10523-020214capecodswat.mp3″ title=”CCSWAT”]
- Winter Wild Animals – Sunday Journal 1/26/2014
- Deborah Robbins Millman, director of the Cape Wildlife Center in Barnstable, and Lynn Miller Director of Wildlife Rehabilitation at Cape Wildlife Center, discuss challenges that animals face during winter storms.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10518-012614wildanimals.mp3″ title=”WinterWildAnimals”]
- 208 Plan Update – Sunday Journal 1/26/2014
- Paul Niedzwiecki, Executive Director of the Cape Cod Commission provides an update on a wastewater management plan for Cape Cod.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10519-012614plan208.mp3″ title=”208PlanUpdate”]
- War of 1812 – Sunday Journal 1/26/2014
- The War of 1812 has been called America’s second War of Independence. Local historians Dick Legrand, Duncan Oliver and Bob Leaversuch talk about Cape Cod’s role in the war.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10520-012614war1812.mp3″ title=”WarOf1812″]
- MLK Community Breakfast – Sunday Journal 1/19/2014
- Ken Fontes, Unit Director of the Boys & Girls Club of Wareham, discusses the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Breakfast.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10486-011914mlkwareham.mp3″ title=”MLKcommunity”]
- MLK Day Celebration – Sunday Journal 1/19/2014
- Pastor John Terry, Of The Federated Church Of Hyannis, Discusses the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Observation, the state of race relations and hearing Dr. King speak.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10487-011914mlkcelebration.mp3″ title=”MLKcelebration”]
- Plymouth Through Time – Sunday Journal 1/19/2014
- Author James W. Baker discusses his book ‘Plymouth Through Time’ and how the town has changed over the decades.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10488-011914plymouthtime.mp3″ title=”PlymouthThroughTime”]
- Green Building – Sunday Journal 1/12/2014
- Matthew Cole, President and CEO of Cape Associates, and Nicole Goldman, founder of ‘g’ Green Design Center, discuss how to use green technology in building projects.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10469-011214greenbuilding.mp3″ title=”GreenBldg”]
- Possible Third Bridge – Sunday Journal 1/12/2014
- Capt. Thomas Bushy advocates for a third bridge over the Cape Cod Canal to provide access to and from the Cape.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10470-011214thirdbridge.mp3″ title=”ThirdBridge”]
- Astro Buddies – Sunday Journal 1/12/2014
- Barnstable High School Astronomy Teacher Mike Gyra, Centerville Elementary School third grade teacher Deb Brunelle, and Barnstable High School Senior Maddy Childs discuss the Astro Pen Pal Program.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10471-011214astronomy.mp3″ title=”AstroBuddies”]
- Storm Readiness – Sunday Journal 1/05/2014
- Charles Noyes, Emergency Management Director for the Town of Bourne, discusses ways Cape Codders should be prepared for any major storm.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10462-010514stormprep.mp3″ title=”StormReadiness”]
- Design Based Business – Sunday Journal 1/05/2014
- Jay Coburn, of the Community Development Partnership, discusses their upcoming forum, “The Art of Growing a Design Based Business.”
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10463-010514designseminar.mp3″ title=”DesignBased”]
- Bee Population Decline – Sunday Journal 1/05/2014
- John Beach, President of the Barnstable County Beekeepers Association, discusses the causes and impacts of Colony Collapse Disorder.
[haiku url=”http://podcasting.capecodbroadcasting.com/10464-010414beepopdecline.mp3″ title=”BeePopulation”]